Tuesday, July 22, 2008

"Ties That Bind" by Phillip Margolin

Um, I bought this book because it was like $3 at Sam's Club - but that's not a testament as to how good the book is, that has everything to do with how cheap Sam's Club is.

Anyways, I happen to love thriller / mystery types of books, but I also end up neglecting my life when I read them because I become completely enthralled and don't do anything else. So this one I read when I had an afternoon off. Oh no, actually this one I interrupted by my viewing of the Dark Knight, but whatever.

Still, I love Margolin's books and I think he's one of probably the best thriller writers currently. If you like Harlen Coben or James Patterson you'd probably be into Margolin's.

Well, this one was pretty good - like most mysteries it was about a murder (well, a few) that need a-solving and put the main character in danger. This one was particularly interesting because it involves a crime ring composed of high-profile Americans - senators, judges, etc.

It was pretty great - but don't do it unless you have a few hours or can just put it down. Good luck, mon frere.

No comments: